Watched The Book of Eli yesterday. At the start I thought it was pretty boring because they were dragging on about how this guy named Eli survived and lived on his mission. Then it got gruesome because he started killing, and the killing was bloody and disgusting and all (weak heart sorry). Then, the story starts to get interesting. And I am again reminded, of what faith can do. No more spoiling :P Go watch. It's not bad.
On another note, the "boring part" :p my thoughts:
I just really want to say that I am very grateful to have a religion. Honestly, I'm not very very religious, thought I do go to church on Saturdays as often as I can >_<. But, I believe, that there is a God, and that we are practically praying to the same God or something like that.
I always think that religion is like a guideline. A moral story that we are taught since young., that keeps us on track, that tells us what is "good" and "bad". The bible to me is like a history book, a very very interesting history book indeed. There are many stories in it and how different people get through their times of suffering, and all end with a moral lesson. And these stories surprisingly, is almost related to almost everything we go through in life.
When I was in my early teens, I was really an unhappy child, don't really remember why, maybe it was partially because of puberty. But anyway, sometimes I would cry like theres no tomorrow, and my heart would hurt from all the crying then, I would suddenly put my hands together and go, "Oh God..." then start pouring out all my problems and what's causing all that trouble and all, and then ask God, to help lighten the weight of my sadness, and pray that tomorrow will be a better day. And surprisingly after saying that, I felt better, it's like, when there's nobody left on earth that you can cry to, there is still one very special person that will always be there for you, the Father in heaven.
Which reminds me, when I was a kid in Sunday school, one student asked the teacher, there are so many people on earth, how can one Father listen to everyone's prayers?(that time Bruce Almighty not out yet mah)
Then the teacher said, God is very special, he has many many ears and can hear everybody's problems at once, and help everyone.
Then I started thinking that, oh, God is so smart, because half of the earth is night and the other half is day and it changes, so God can listen to half of the world's prayers and then the other half later. wtf.
Well, I guess it's all about faith ehy? Something we believe in, without seeing. The thing that gives us hope and would bring us through our daily lives.
It's hard to describe it, but I guess when you have faith in something, you will just believe it without needing a reason.
I guess that's why Eli described "faith" like this after being questioned on the voice in his head by Solora, "No, I walk by faith, not by sight. It means that you know something even if you don't know something. It doesn't have to make sense, it's faith, it's faith (a little aggitated). It's the flower of light in the field of darkness, it's giving me the strength to carry on, you understand? (Solara: 'Is that from your book?') No it's Johnny Cash, live from Folsom prison."
lol.
Anyway, have faith that good will come people. :D

No comments:
Post a Comment