Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cheap but Beautiful

This beauty here is one of my treasures. It's been with me for one or two years already and it still looks, well, the same (it's vintage afterall swt). Only that all the little diamonds on the butterfly's lower wing and one side of the upper wing's white-shell-designed-plate had fallen off because of my rough handling >_<.

And believe it or not, it only costs RM5. It was this one lonely ugly rusty necklace that I noticed at the Cindy store in Saberkas. I saw it and immediately fell in love with it. I consulted my friends but they all said it looked filthy and ugly and that it's not worth it. But nomatter what they said, I just couldn't keep my eyes off it (we had like, a connection!).. and so, I bought it. I was thinking, it's RM5 anyway, I could wash it and see how it looks, and I wouldn't feel the pain if I didn't want it later.

But little did I know what a beauty it became. It goes with almost all my clothes,
casual, formal and even dining wear. It suited almost everything I wore so untill this day, though one or two chains of it is already broken, I still wear it almost all the time.
However, realised I don't have many photos with the necklace on although I wear it almost everyday because, my hair tend to cover it whenever I'm posing for a picture, eg:
In conclusion, not everything beautiful is expensive and not everything should be judged on first glance. :)

No comments: