Caught this movie quite late last night because we didn't have anything better to do and boyfie was too tired to go drinking.
This movie gave me awful post-movie feelings T.T I was sad, disturbed and paranoid. Lol. Sorry, I have a weak heart. And that was too much of a thrill for me. T.T
But don't get me wrong. This was a pretty good movie. It's such a good thriller (thought it was supposed to be a drama) that it got me all nerved up and tense and you know, just so anxious and nervous that one would sit up straight throughout if one were watching at home. But I didn't dare sit up because I felt so insecure and we were also sitting on the last row with the door behind us so I constantly leaned on boyfie while demanding him to hug me throught the movie. lol. Too scary k T.T
When I say this is a good movie and a good thriller is because they had so much, er, Thriller ETHICS! Lol, I mean like. Instead of suddenly throwing scary images at us or sudden frightening sounds with scary images to get us all tense, scared and shout like mad; they had nice flashbacks and like changes of scenes and smooth moves to show dead people (>_<.) that are so smooth that you watch it, you are tense, but you can't shout because you don't need to shout because, I don't know, it's too thrillling and interesting and good to waste time on shouting. you get it right? right? nvm >_<.
But apart from all the scary negative feelings, it was a very artistic film. Go Peter Jackson! It was dreamy and beautiful. Showing the girl (Susie) caught in between heaven and earth. It sure does make dying seem a lot more beautiful. But to me it's sad and scary somehow. Despite the beauty and wonderfulness and perfectness of it all, something is not right for Susie, therefore, she still have nightmares, unable to talk to people she love (apart from some connection reaching out thing to her friends and family) and still linger around like a ghost. Oh, they never mentioned the word 'ghost' in the movie, instead, treat her like she is there but just there and not like scary there which makes it so personalised, so, so, not scary but scary >_<. there i go again >_<.
Anyway, it's a pretty good movie to watch. It's beautiful and realistic apart from the fantasy-between-heaven-and-earth-land. I guess it's supposed to bring out a beautiful positive message, but for a scaredy-cat like me, haha, it was a but much to handle >_<. But I'm okay now, really. >_<. It's just that the after effects and emotions it brought me was really strong. Strong untill, whenever I open my eyes, I think about it, and how much it's too young for us to die T.T May God protect all young people in the world. which somehow its a lil bit impossible but may it not be so scary and painful T.T
Unlike any thriller that just scares you and haunt you for a while then leave you, this movie will be over, and still cause you to ponder upon it while felling freaked and paranoid lol.



No comments:
Post a Comment