Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HAPPY 21 to my BFFEEEEE! ♥

Someone very special is 21 today (09 March). I say it's today cos she's in NZ, and it's already like 3am there. Anyway, Imma wish my BEST FRIEND FOREVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER
 
A


VERY VERY HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! 
 The cake is specially edited for ya! :D
I think I wrote something like this a few years back, but, Imma re-write all the ventures I can remember that I have had with this best bud of mine!

It all started in the middle of 2002, when we were 14. I moved back to Kuching from Miri and was allocated in SMK Batu Lintang. I was sooo new to the school and everyone there. I was put into Class 2A. And the only person I can recognize in that class from primary school was Lim Shin Jing. She was a genius I tell you. She got position number 1 throughout Primary school! Dang.
However, she wasn't the first person to talk to me. Instead, this group of people around me consisting of L Huan Xian, Sharon T, D Shi Hui and Hui Ping were the first people to go, "HELLO! Where you from..." and stuff. Vaguely remember everything they said now but I remember they were one crazy bunch. 
The first time I heard the word "condom" was a few weeks after I knew them wtf. They had this stack of coins wrapped up in a piece of paper. One of them asked, "what's that?!". 
The other went, "CONDOM!"
And everyone laughed. Like wtf, but that was funny at that time.
And I, who barely knew the meaning of the word then, followed in and chuckled a bit then asked, "what is condom?"
And they all laughed again. But they didn't really explain it. But the way they said the word did show that it has something to do with something "yellow/dirty". Till now though, I don't think they really totally knew the meaning of the word at that time.

ANway, yeah.. I'm not anywhere near anything to do with Sharon yet am I? >_<.

Well, what I'm trying to say is, I knew her from this crazy bunch of innocent but curious and naughty little friends, and therefore, she is too, rather crazy. Haha. But loads of fun!
Got closer to her as we went through Form 3 together. We kinda grew up together, slowly learned about our teenage life together. The great thing is, she was so totally understanding and easy to talk to. I mean, I can talk to her about anything and she is great at listening and responding. I remember once in Form3, we skipped class to lepak to the toilet, and we sat near the toilet there and discussed something about a crush I had then, and I kinda said, "damn, you are so understanding! If only you were a boy! I would so be your girlfriend." hahaha... and before we knew it, we became really good friends.
And that was the year, when we entered a pub for the first time, together with Jasmine. The pub, was, Grappa. Lol. That was like a hot spot for young adults then, even met Kenneth L there! >_<.

Then Form 4 came, and I took a different direction, I moved to SMK Green Road (long story, nothing bad la).She was still my very good buddy eventhough I had new girlies from Green Road. We often invited each other out, she was there for my birthday with my boyfriend at that time, we went to Rain Forest Music Festival together with my dad, it was hell loads of fun! 
 


RainforestWorldMusicFestival 2005

and we also went clubbing on Christmas eve at Travillion in City Jungle I think. Haha. Things we do when we were kids.

Form 5, SPM year, she accompanied me to the State library quite often with Steph, Eric, Adrian, Aaron and Malcolm (All different groups). The State Library was like our second home. Usually after studying till like 9pm, we would go for supper somewhere and the one most memorable to me, Sharon, was Jalan Song, with Malcolm, my friend in blue Kelisa picked us cos we were so dead stuck accross river ahhahaa~~ oh, and also that time we were walking on both sides of Malcolm really scared cos it was really dark outside the state library, and heard lotsa unpleasant stories before that (neh, the murdering outside state library), and constantly whinning at Malc or something. haha. Oh, we were walking back from KGS then, I still remember your dad's account number man! T3... HAhaha..


One of those library days, we hung out at Kuching Fest, then walked or squeezed in a car to Scoops or something :D Sharon, you were SOO very slim and hot then!!!  But of course you are still hot now! just less slim >_<.

After Form 5, We went to our first prom!!! It was so cool, we shopped like crazy for our prom dresses with Emily, Joy and Nat, found our dresses at Crown Square. We searched for dates. Haha, 

I had Calvin and you as my arm candy :P We did our makeup at Kose, did our hair at the Saloon beside it, and stunned all them male species (okay exagerating, but it was so fun mah) Danced the night away with everyone, BLs, Greenians, Lodgians, and guest host Kenny Sia also. Lol.

 
sigh, you always had more style than me T.T looks so lala here haha

But not long after that, she went to New Zealand. :(((( Sadness grar.We were in like a long distance relationship, she would call me once in a while, and I as a "great friend" never really had the time to call her because I'm like always out. I'm sooo SORRy Sharon! :( Really guilty. And also for not being home when you call most of the time, I'm seriously ALWAYS not at home since I could drive >_<. I know you always expect me to be there when you phone. :\

But, despite the reduction in our communication, we were still really close, when I'm in desperate emotional problems, I would call her and we would talk for a very very long time. I mean she's thousands of miles away but it's like she can be here anytime I need her. 
And every year when she came back to Kuching for Chinese New Year, it is always a MUST to visit her house, eat her cookies and hang out till late. OH YAA!!! First time baking cookies was with her too! What an incredibly fun thing to do! lol. such adventure can be found in simple baking of butter cookies >_<.

Chinese New Year 2009

Till now, besides learning dirty stuff from friends in juniour high, visiting our first clubs together when we were still minors, calling each other to express our problems, baking, going to prom, studying hard for SPM together, we also went on a fantastic holiday to KL together, 
2007, in a cable car, Genting Highlands, KL

share all sortsa knowledge on makeup stuff, liquor, guys, ESPECIALLY GUYS, Life, love, phillosophy, health and so much more.

Without her, I would be such a different person. maybe less accessorized? Less out going? Less knowledgeable in so many ways?

2008, Mojo.

Theres so much more to say to ya Sharon, but I can't really think of anymore now. Haha.. (Because it's so late now and I've spent hours typing this post lol.) But everything above, I realised I wanted to say in a direct-to-you-way later, but most of it is typed out in a different point of view already so nevermind lah, Atleast we remember all the crazy and fun stuff of the past ehy? hehe...

I just really want to thank God for this amazing friend of mine. Thank God for creating such a fine individual. For giving me someone close to turn to when everyone else seemed so distant. For letting our friendship remain till now, the 7th year and counting...

May it all last! And may we remember everything till we have great grand children haha.

May God bless you Sharon! That you will have an amazing year and fabulous life ahead. With all sorts of good stuff to come. Be safe and stay healthy and happy! And am so glad you have other wonderful friends there too to celebrate with you when your besties in Kuching(and Aus) can't do it for you.

Cheers to an amazing birthday and year ahead!

2010, Silhouette
XOXO

Lotsa Love,

DaphneS
09.03.2010

No comments: