Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Books: Shopaholic Abroad

Owh yeah, owh yeah~~ Finally finished reading this book: Shopaholic Abroad. I took a month to finish this book BECAUSE I had no time. Well, not exactly, it's just that the book wasn't addictive enough to keep me going at it so I read it when I was free and finally finished it last week.
In my opinion, the book was alright. It was pretty boring at first and quite frustrating to know of a woman like Becky Bloomwood. She is an addict, she buys things without much (or any) thinking, which seems so brainless and dumb-blonde, and worse of all is, she is sooo irresponsible. Too irresponsible to care about her mounting debts. The feminist in me despises her! However, the good thing about her is that she has no evil thoughts. Just a naive girl like a baby. Not really well directed in deciding her rights and wrongs and should or should nots. Which makes rather pityful and loveable in some way. 
I was seriously loosing my patients at first whenever Sophie Kinsella described her wondering eyes around the whole of every shop she passes by SWT, and just ignoring her debts, snap, like that. But when her tragedy began, when her whole world started to fall apart, was when I got interested. Finally! Punishment! wtf. That was when it got quite funny and romantic.
Then all her problems ended peacefully and perfectly which actually made me happy as I turned over the last page of the novel. Nice end feeling.

Which brought me to buy this just now:
 wtf wtf wtf. RM31.40 (after discount) and I bought it. I NEEDED to! Because I had this in my possession:
Which belonged to Ade. How can I continue to the baby without getting married first!? Therefore, I had to had to HAADD TO!! Get Shopaholic Ties the Knot lol. The cover of the book is nice and shiny *heart heart*. omgwtffts, I am NOT a shopaholic! >_<.
However, before I proceed to the Shopaholic bookathon, I have to finish:
Eclipse first, because it belongs to a friend of a friends. I really love the Twilight saga and the books are super entertaining and good to read! It's just, I feel so half way through everything. Fark them sagas. They are soo good at this selling stuff. They make books continue, making you want to buy every single episode. I guess it's the familiarity with the characters in a book like Shopaholic that brings one to purchase the next and the next book to know how their lives are going on. Argh, like watching drama liddat. 
Kk, gtg sleep, class at 830am. Why.. T.T nites

No comments: