The song "Airplanes" by BoB feat Hayley Williams has been ringing in my head like every single minute since the first time I heard it. Especially Hayley's part,
"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now"
It's so catchy (to me). I really never liked the famous songs from Paramore at all because I used to think they were damn noisy and annoying especially that "burry the castle" song that I told my BFFEEEEE I hated which she later ended up using as her dial tone (the toot toot sound you hear when you call somebody) wtf! Way to go Sharon! >_<. And le boyfie would also crank up the music when the song played on the radio for the sake of annoying me /.\" Wads with these people?!
Anywhoos, I shall stop my prejudice and start accepting Paramore into my life because of "Airplanes" (which was mainly sung by BoB >_<.) And once I did that, her songs on radio became slower and I actually liked them >_<.
Awh man outta topic again. I like the song and the meaning of it. From my point of view I think BoB's like emoing and saying that he misses the days when life was a lot more simpler. When he did things he loved just for fun with no pressure. Like, making music for the joy of it and not for the money, which I guess makes him depressed cos something that you loved has became something that causes you stress and pressure cos you're living on it. Something like that.
This let me see a piece of advice my dad gave me a few years back when I was still thinking of what degree I was gonna take, in a different point of view.
I was very interested and rather determined to pursue a subject of my talent. I wanted to make it better by going to a University that can help improve it and live on my talent later on in life because I thought I am good at it and I will really be successful that way.
But dad told me off. He said let that be a hobby and get a more recognized degree. I used to think he was just too stingy to send me away to pursue it because there weren't any good universities of that subject locally. He supported his argument by saying, 'you do not want to live on what you love to do, because when you get into the real world, you might not love to do it anymore.' (summarized from original) Of course, then, I was even more pissed cos I didn't get what I want and didn't understand whatever he might have meant. I thought I loved what I did and would always love it.
But this song painted a different picture in my mind. When your whole life depends on something you like to do such as singing, which is your job that puts money on the table, as well as pressure, criticism, lovers and haters, would you still love to do it? Fewd fer thought?
Anyway, all that really isn't the reason why the phrase from the song is still ringing in my head. Instead, it's the 'how much you wish you could just wish' thing. We always face problems in life and how nice would it be if we could just look up, catch a shooting star, and wish that everything will be better, and it really comes true. If only there was such a thing as pure luck and a short cut to settling issues.
Omg, I am not emo, okay maybe a little... What to do, songs always touch a certain part of our emotions. They are so powerful. Especially Chinese songs!
Oh yeah, this is a piano version of "Airplanes" which is pretty fawesome. I feel so much from the pianist's expression lol, and of course the song and the order and tune she plays it in. Thumbs up. Have a listen:
That's all fer now, gtg do some catching up and get some sleep. Nights. :) xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment