Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Siar Beach & Gunung Gading Trip

Went on this study trip to Siar Beach Resort on Saturday. Never heard of the place until I took this subject, Integrated Marketing Communication and had to do an assignment on it. Well, if you're as clueless as I was, it's located at Lundu. Around one and half hours drive from Kuching City. 
Stopped by Lundu town to use the Petronas toilet lol. And there's this nice scene behind the petrol station. Which reminds me very much of the crayon pictures I used to practice in primary school hehe.
The guy's car. Fancy, lowered, sporty but totally not suitable for the road entering the resort lols. The guys were sticking their heads out of the car to watch the road which was quite hilarious to look at from behind.
In the end they had to walk the whole stretch to lighten the car's burden to save it's "skirt". Poor car owner :p
After the serious stuff of collecting information and pictures from the resort's owner, we had some fun on the beach and lotsa cam whoring :D The guy behind, Kevin is really funny. Him and his stupid poses. Entertaining much. lol. Everytime I look at these pics, I can't help but L.O.L.
Some calculator on the beach they dug out from the sand LOL.
Siar Beach Resort has a really nice and clean and wide beach with a fantastic view. I won't say the same for the resort's bungalows itself but if you're in for cheap & simple & peaceful stuff. This has got to be the place you're looking for.
Hehe. Group pic on the sampan (small boat) on the sand.
Look at the amazing space. Heart to the max.
We proclaim ourselves the white team because we were all wearing white duh. 
More pics
This has got to be the best pic ever. Haha... Can't help laughing and loving this picture.
And it was time to leave the beach because of a drizzle.
Group pic with the boss before leaving :)
After lunch at Lundu, we decided we had enough energy to continue the trip so off we went to Gunung Gading. :D Me and Jacelyn who's from Johor I think haha.
We (the whole group of 9) paid RM20 to see the Rafflesia which had just bloomed 2 days ago. It has a life span of only 5 days and takes 9 months to bloom. How extremely lucky we were! The egg-look-a-like thing above is a Rafflesia seed. 
The Rafflesia. Biggest flower in the world. Which Kevin Sia proclaimed is his cousin (Raffle Sia) and forefather of Kenny Sia wtf. It's 55cm. And isn't as smelly as people claimed they were. But I did smell a bit of a rotten chicken smell, but that's only if you put your nose like really close to it.
Group pic of the one and maybe only chance with the Rafflesia.
Another group pic near the first waterfall.
I think this is like one of the only decent poses Kevin did. lmao.
:D Water fall no.1!
hehe!
Oh yeah, some of the pics here are courtesy of Jeff Chai and Hui Ching and Aida :D
Breath taking no?
They say he looks like he's running away from some monster predator or smthn lol.
And in the evening, it was time to go. Didn't manage to go to the other waterfalls. We were kinda in a rush to get back to Kuching but was accidentally lead by the guys all the way to Sematan lol. We missed the turning back to Kuching and spent another 15 minutes looking for it.
It was a fun trip indeed. These natural forest outings always surprise me. I was never much of a nature lover, but everytime I set out with friends into a place surrounded with trees and natural cool streams/ waterfalls, I always end up having the time of my life. Really hope the forests will always be around for our future generations to come. I shall be a little more of an environmentalist from now on lol.
Nights now.

No comments: