Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!!!

Hey all! HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope you all had a great New Year’s Eve! How’s the hangover?

Blah! I didn’t welcome this year with alcohol, which I kinda miss. Dunno wad I’m missing too haha… Maybe I’m too used to celebrating and having fun with loud music, good friends and booze >_<. And of course, being in my dear Henry’s arms~~ And all those hugs and handshakes and shouting “Happy NEW YEARRR~!!!”

*sigh*

Well, ‘how did you celebrate?’ my friend asked…

Well, there’s definitely no alcohol~ But there was TONSSSSSSSSSSS of food!!!

We went to have a really late New Year's Eve dinner at what’s called the Seafood Market, brought there by our bosses to reward us for our hard work :P :
















And they are right, they have all sortsa live seafood there..

That is some HUGE prawn:















Lobster:
















See how big it is compared to my friend's hand?!















I feel so sorry for this crab. I tell you it's like crying to me, asking me to release it.. But its bound to its fingers.. It couldn't even move one bit, except for its tiny tentacle like things inside it >_<. I really wanna help it but I don't know how.. and it'll die before it can crawl to sea water. T.T




















It's Ailing! Hen's big sis.. omg.. she is so cruel.. still tapping on each and everyone of those crabs.

T.T poor crabs!




















Gift from Thailand, thinking of what else to put into the trolly. And Emma from Taiwan, she is really cute and funny. Blue suit are the waitresses















So after picking our food, we headed for the tables to wait for the cook to cook them.. You can tell them how to cook the food to suit your tastes.. See the ammount of people eating there! phew!















Ah~ So that is "don't squeeze me" in Thai.


















































Our dishes:















Sweet potato~~




















14 people, 4 long tables, TONS of FOOD!!!















HUGE crab




















Fish















Prawn















Shell stuff?















Fish cake and more potato















All of us, lets see if I can remember names

Ailing, Daph, Agnes, Kipple (Hong Kong woman, damn elegant), Toffee, Gift, Victor (all from Thailand), Emma (Taiwan), Doris (Hong Kong), Gan (Thai), Anna (Hong Kong, wife of boss), Lincoln (Brazil also our boss), Terrence and Dave from Singapore.
Awesome! I remember names so well :P

The Dinner was DEEE DOUBLE LICIOUS!!!! Was so full and satisfied and SLEEPY!! >_<. After dinner it was a little pass 11pm. Henry called! =DDDD~~~ ♥ (so sweet *blush*) It was already 12am in Kuching. So happy to hear his voice.. so touched.. and glad he had a good party and drinking that night =)~

THen, after eating desserts we headed for Central World to join the THais for the countdown..

Unfortunately it was pretty jammed.. Just a few minutes before reaching the location it was 12am already.. We ended up shouting HAPPY NEW YEARRR in the van haha.. all 14 of us.. it was quite fun, because everyone was so warm and chatty, I didn't feel so cold and lonely inside anymore (because I miss my loved ones
=\).

Emma even told us a story about Johnnie lol~
cos Ailing kept saying, “Johnnie died! Johnnie died!”. Then me and Agnes went like, who’s Johnnie?

So Emma told us, “In the kitchen of the country club, there is a rat that runs through the kitchen at 7pm everyday… So the people working in the kitchen got so used to it so they named it ‘Johnnie’. Emma asked them how would they know if it’s a guy or a girl. They just said they don’t and they just thought of the name and just gave it that. Lol. And whenever it came by, they would say, ’Johnnie’s here!’… A few days ago, they found Johnnie sleeping in somewhere in the kitchen, so they captured him and killed him >_<.

Poor Johnnie..

Anyway, when we arrived, we had to walk a fair distance to Cetral World..

As you can see it was really really crowded! Something like Kuala Lumpur's New Year countdown, but defenitely less 'luan'. Cos we had a bad experience crowding and being sprayed by chemical foams and almost molested by high idiots in KL >_<.















There were many people of all ages crowd in front of the shopping malls and celebrate and take pics with pretty lights, fireworks and all… There were also people selling cheap stuff by the roads.. I was really tempted to buy those cute devil horns, they had lights in them from red, blue, orange, yellow, green, pink to purple. I really wanted to stop to get a pink one but it was so crowded that I was afraid to take my purse out =(















It was really quite a view.. There were also fireworks and stuff =)) But they didn't last as long as KL's.

Then we realised it was pretty late and the adults have to work the next day so we all headed to take a cab..

This is one pretty tree outside my old hotel where we took our cab haha




















"I AM FROM AVATARRR"

-.-




















Got back to the hotel and took a walk in the lobby..

And these two girls came up to us to ask us to get a picture haha




















The blue one was the Blue Bird and the white one was Snow white lol.

The Blue Bird came up to us and touched us all lol. She said this gives us happiness. She said she tried it on Christmas Eve on some other people and it really worked, she even checked she said LOL~~~cute people

Ice 2010 sculpture! pretty!!
















Welcome 2010!




















Oh yeah, we're now staying in Sheraton. We just moved in on New Year's Eve:




















The access card is so colourful and pretty.




















waiting for our rooms















Our magnificent view =D Looks like Upper East Side lol..
There were like 5 or 6 swimming pools that can be seen from our floor. Lotsa Swimming pools are on roofs of buildings.. kewl~ It felt breath taking! Sorry, dunno how to describe the magnificentness of it all cos I can't really write that well >_<.

This was our first room service meal here: NACHOs!!















They were AMAZING! with 4 seasons to go with:















Guacamole, sour, beans and chillie! I LOVEEE GUACAMOLE! ermmmmpphH!!

After our loooonggg day, we were greeted by our very very cozy beds..















Set so well, I didnt really feel like lying on it at 1st haha..




















Good night~ May you have pleasant dreams on 010110

No comments: