Friday, January 15, 2010

Bangkok: Last few days & Conclusion

Effin' period pain is killin' me. Must be due to the lack of excersie and booze the nights before swt. haha.

Anyway, this is gonna be one long post covering 9 topics, bare with me :P

It begins with the fun :P

We had a staff dinner Tuesday night to reward us for our hard work :P

On the rooftop of a hotel, sorry forgot the name. But the restaurant is called Vertigo. =D















The view was breath taking.















It was something like what you see in the movies. A few pictures really cannot cover everything and the feeling of seeing all that.

The only down side was that it was rather hazey. Polution I guess. but there were still stars right above us. Wow, dining under the stars with the world below your feet is just the most magnificent experience ever.

There was a small bar beside our LOooooooooooOOng table.















And little tables around us where couples are romancing, and others, good old Japanese girl friends are talking and laughing their night away sharing the moment.















It was rather dark (cos you know, candle light dinners), so we had to use little torchlights to read our menu.




















This is like the drink menu consisting of all sortsa alcoholic beverages and non-alcoholic




















My cocktail. Moon Lover. Theres a few juices and white rum inside I think??




















And this is the special food menu for us. swt. one page haha and 2 main courses to choose from.















We had a looong wait so we took some pictures first! hehe.
This is Gift, aka Sukonthip Wangiamsermsuk. Lol, took me a few seconds to memorize the name.




















She's a really nice girl. Friendly and fun.















Then there are a few more. I just met the girl on the left that night only and so sorry can't remember her name. >_<.
And then the 2nd is Joh. Kind of a cute guy. Cool and shy HAhA. Funny too. And I think he's into photography cos he pays great detail to the pictures he takes.




















Girls, he's got killer eyes too @@"

Then the guy in blue is Victor, real name is Attapol. I think he's shy too? but not camera shy! haha. Didn't talk much to him tho but he always smiles.















This is Emma! She is crazy. Someone said she's constantly high haha. I think she just enjoys drinking and partying. She is actually a really nice person to talk to. A good listener I think. We talked over dinner once at a Korean restaurant. And I'm like talking most of the time which I'm not very used to when I just met a person. But she is good! I did ask her some stuff about her too and it's all very interesting mm~















Our 1st dish. Noooo idea what it was.















It didn't taste too bad but requires acquiring.















Pumpkin soup with a tortelli.















Ah~ White wine for appitizers, Red wine for main course. Sparkling water was just to clear the throat. And there was Dessert wine for dessert which was SO SWEET! I was feeling so warm by the end of the night >_<.















Dishes were served in this. They waited till everyone's dish is served then they will synchronizely lift the cover. We were like "ooooooo~" *clap clap clap* haha















Under it was our main course. Mine was this juicy medium rare beef steak! MmMM!! So good it was!















Finally, dessert. A cheese cake. Yum.

The dinner was great accompanied by lotsa memorable pictures =))















The group =) without Kan /.\

From back to front. Jimmy, AiLing(not me), Gift, Toffee, Emma, Me, Joh, Doris, Sofia, Apinya, Victor, Candy, Agnes, Dave, Terence, Lincoln, Anna, Kipple. Phew!















Thais and a Singaporean

The first guy Toffee is always dressed up. haha Nice guy. Friendly too and isn't afraid to keep speaking English altho it isn't very smooth.

The last girl is Candy from Singapore, can speak all sortsa languages including Thai! Amazing. Cute and pretty too.















This guy is Dave. Huh~ at first I thought he was a shy guy cos he didn't dare approach the bunch of Japanese girl colleagues. But when I saw his facebook he was totally pimpin' it.. tsk tsk tsk.. kiddin. he's nice and decent I think, the type I like to bully. Like Yao Yao. HAHA.















And Sofia from Spain! She is one cool girl. And taught us a few Spanish words. hehe. We were like "Que Pasa"ing all night lol.















Souviniers from the golf event? Felt like real flowers.




















Taken by Joh. He likes to hold the camera. Toldja he's into photography :P















I likes this pic lots.


The next day, we went shopping at Siam Paragon.















This was outside. Soo nice! Looked so fun.. but didn't get a chance to play it! grar!















I was kinda =/ to go to Siam Paragon again cos it was like my last day in Bangkok and I didn't get to go to any cheap places to buy cheap stuff. And Siam Paragon is practically like Pavilion, KL. Branded to the max. Even the departmental store sold sandals above RM200. T.T WhyY~...















On a hot day, I would so jump into that.>_<.

After dinner at some really grand Chinese restaurant in Siam Paragon, we headed for karaoke to join the youngsters haha. which all of them are actually 5 years or more than me >_<.















Yeah... singing...




















These two were high on alcohol and dancing all night. haha. they were fun.















The guy not only likes to take photos, but be taken in photos haha.

Kan, the girl behind, is our "Rock Star". Haha.. she looks like a rocker chic. But really cool and nice too. Talked to her quite a bit at the golf club. And she's beento Malaysia =D















Damn, gonna miss her.















They are bullying the AiLing. Haha. got her to down an entire glass of Pepsi + Idunnowhatliquor















AGGGie!!Didn't wanna take pics with me. SO shy. I have bad hair that night too ok >_<.















More dancing






























Agnes got less shy later after singing M2M haha.















Doris! fun girl. Super friend with Emma. Haha. Normally, she looks innocent and gentle. But when she drinks. Aw man, she's wild haha





































































Kan!
















And the Karaoke closes at 1am.. SO.. we all walked back to Sheraton =( So early lerh~ lol, but we were all rather tired haha.


The funNess of the last two nights made me miss the trip a lot.


The Conclusion

The first two weeks I was rather emo, missing friends and family back home. But after that, I felt comfortable where I was, but before I could live it, I had to come back. I guess now I understand how students who study overseas feel. You'll miss both parts, cos they have had this emotional impact on you. When you leave either places you have grew familiar with, you will feel so bad to have to leave it. Worst of all is you'll wonder if you'll ever go back to that part of you you once lived. wtf. Nevermind if one doesn't understand me. :P

In conclusion, it was a great experience. best working experience ever. If you wanna know what was my job, Imma explain in the next few paragraphs in purple, if not, you can skip haha.

First week, I helped to check all the flights of players, caddies, media people and VIPs and whoever needed a flight into the event. I made name plates for the drivers to hold to pick up the arrivals. I made Meal Coupons for the meal of the day during the event. I called up last year volunteers to help out in the event.

Second week, I sat in the Tournament Office with Agnes like office girls while the other seniors were busy arranging, planning and doing paper work. We help them print, proof read, check things, deliver stuff and erm, do anything they ask us to do. And I made a few hundred more Bus Coupons and short Notes for the Gala Banquet.

The Third week was the event week. We sat as receptionists at the Gala Banquet. We packed and stringed hundreds and hundreds of passes for the event days. We went to Amata Spring Country Club to help out tho there wasn't too much too do. So I was sent to the main office to answer calls regarding the event. Stayed there for the next two days
.

So, I was there with Agnes just to help out and do the little things the big guys have completely no time to do. I mean, they have extremely long hours! They work and work and do documents, find people, make and take calls, go to meetings, plan and implement until like late at night. And the same routine starts early the next day. It seems tough(hard/difficult/exhausting) when you're in it. but it all passes by in a blink of an eye. Because you're so busy you have no time to think and waste and to even complain.

I didn't like it at first, but now I kinda appretiate it and am kinda regretting I wasn't more hardworking haha. I think it was a good use of our youth and energy, working hard and getting things done. Tho, opinions may vary from people with different views and personality. For me, I like the burning enery of the heart, I think it's exciting.


Talk about getting things done! There was one time we desperately needed to deliver a tape to Astro to arrive the next morning. Omg. Boss just finished her meeting and it was 6pm smthn. DHL closes at 7pm. We rushed to the nearby kiosk. It was closing and last delivery out has left, so the package can only arrive Malaysia in two days. Boss was like WTH, called her wingmen like some powerful lady. Wingman called DHL, askes DHL girl send us and Boss to main office to get it sent.

We took a cab in the awful jam to find ourselves stuck in it. Cab driver says 10-15 minutes to reach the location. Cab was creepy so we paid and ran to office. Dammit.. we were kinda lost but we followed directions. Ran and found the office. Reached the office on the 11th floor which took us some time to find out. Office was closing, Boss confronted staff. Staff says wrong office, took more time to contact delivery centre. Confirmed and asked delivery centre to wait for us. It was supposed to close at 7pm too!

So we kinda asked for directions and RANNNnnnNn to the delivery centre. Once again we were very very lost. it was a big city with many buildings and cars and roads and fly overs. Asked for directions. Ran for 15-20 more minutes and FOUND! OMG THE JOY.

Had to cross a crazy long stretch of roads. Cars were like moving so fast. Agnes, the true Kuching-lang LOL. Lift her hand, stopped the cars like a real emergency, and 3 of us tiny girls ran across the road of 2-3 lanes of MANY cars to the opposite side. WTF! That was some experience! Reached the Delvery centre with the van and workers waiting at like 7.30 pm something. Exhausted. And the tape was delivered. And was going to arrive the next day. Boss took a cab rush back to hotel for meeting.


THAT, is something I have never seen before. Such determination. Getting it done. No shifting of responsibilities no delays. Then is THEN for Boss and it was done then. And she is a woman, a woman shorter than me >_<. I admire that and I have to write it down to remember such values so I can remember to work and try harder in the future. hehe.
I mean, if it were me before seeing this, I would so give up on the tape, give an excuse and get it done the easy and slow way. but I guess for success, one cannot take it easily.
Phew!

So on Monday, all the work was over. I finally got some time to do some shopping. But only was able to head out late in the afternoon due to some "TECHNICAL" problems (thinking about it makes me angry, what a waste of time).

So, I'm sorry girls and guys if I didn't get you guys any souveniers. I really didn't have much time. Seriously only 1 day to shop in some expensive mall doesn't reward you with very good shopping buys.

The main reason I went seems to be the opening of my eyes and mind from my mundane and simple life to the busy life everyone's crazy in. Haha. Well, no regrets, it was great and hope to learn more next time.

And the people, hope I would be able to meet them again. Thank goodness for Facebook, we could still be linked. EVERYONE has it. HAha. nomatter how young or old. Awesome.

Oh, I'm starting to like Thailand and the people. They are really polite as in VERY very polite. and Bangkok seems like a clean place.

What else, oh, at KLIA, this air stewardess went "Selamat Petang" to me. And I stared at her blankly for a while HAHA. The word seems so foreign to me suddenly. I was so used to "Sawatdee Kaa" >_<. And the flight back was the worsest emoest flight ever. Alone and missing. wth. I'm never travelling alone again. It took sometime for me to calm myself down from the trip. swt.

Anyway, life shall go on as how it always used to. Just, now, I have more to think about =)
I understand sweatlee's concluding of HK life even more now. I think. Hehe.


Khap-Khun-Ka :P

No comments: