
Anyway, I've got lotsa time to blog these days cos I'm now having a desk job which is really easy and best of all is, I can use my own lappie! yay~
So yesterday at lunch, me and Ailing took the Sky Train to the Emporium which is like 4 stops and one interchange away to get her Handphone!

In the Sky Train. It's cool to be able to look through all the cabins. Haha. It was so cram during lunch hour that I got seperated from Ailing but I could be sure she was on the same train because I could see her in the other cabin haha.
Yeap, she left her handphone at the restaurant! >_<. Thank goodness for the honesty of the people at the restaurant. What I realised is, most Thais are actually genuinely very polite, friendly and honest.
Like, anywhere you go shopping, the sales people will surely go "sawatdee khap". Confirm will greet you. And are always asking if there is anything you need. And when you say thank you, they put their hands together and say thank you back.
Honest is cos well, the mall I went to, when most of the boutiques closed, there are genuine Converse shoes being displayed outside the boutique, and also a few bicycles. Without gates or chains or anything. Just put there on the little display stage thingy. And nooo one takes it.
The other case is also Ailing's handphone. It slept over night at the restaurant and she still gets it back. Really admire these people.
Which also makes me feel safer when walking on their streets.
Besides that, awh this is the best of all! I was chatting with some Thai colleagues and I asked one of them out of curiousity cos in general, I see there are some very darked skin Thais and others fair yellow skin.. So I asked, "So, what races do you have here? Do you like differentiate Chinese, or, locals or something?"
She looked at me in a confused face and went like, "no, we are all Thai people, but some of us have Chinese blood, but we are all Thai. No difference between each other."
When I heard it I was like, WOW. Theres no racism in these people! Theres no discrimination. I was awed and started to admire them more! They are a whole new culture. And soooo civilized!
Then she went, like she knew what I meant. Well, she really did, she went to Kuala Lumpur before to visit a Malaysian friend of hers. And that very good example of a Malaysian was like in the car, pointing all over the street saying, "That is Malay! That is Malay! I hate Malay!...." I was sooooooo embarassed! wtf is wrong with that person. Shame on him/her. *sigh* somuchforonemalaysia
Well, I think we have much to learn from the Thais. Discrimination is a problem widely faced by the world, but here, in a place where I never thought very highly about, I realised they are actually better than most of us. Atleast they started off by appreciating what they can learn from each other instead of discriminating amongst each other. Well, I don't really know if they do have any bad discriminating things going on, but this part of no racism in them is pretty awesome.
That being said, I noticed I wrote a bit too many words so, here are some more random pics. Haha.

This is one BEAUTIFUL laptop. Acer's one of The Royal Trophy sponsors. So all the colleauges are using Acer laptops haha.
These pics are from breakfast:

A real Honey Comb to get our Honey from! Awesome. Now I know why a comb is structured that way. It really stores ALOT of honey in one small piece. Haha.

Awesome buffet breakfast every morning. Tho I'm getting a bit sick of it already. I MISS KOLO MEE T.T
Another thing about living in Bangkok is, there is food everywhere! And if you're too lazy to go out, there are sooooooooooooooo many delivery restaurants around. We ordered Italian, Mexican and even Japanese delivery before. And they are all AWESOME!

And this dish only costs 18o somthing Baht? Which is like RM18 liddat. It's filling, tasty. And it's Japanese!

I'll end with a pic from the interchange. This is a golf course in the middle of the city! nice. And at the back is the city with tall buildings (duh).
Have a nice day
Peace =)
No comments:
Post a Comment