Monday, December 28, 2009

Bangkok: To be continued

EllooO~ Sneaking in some blogging before I get ordered around again :P

Been so busy these days, well, not totally because of work, but 50% yes. And it goes late into the night. And I always try to wake up earlier to be in time for the hotel breakfast because I NEED breakfast, also because we are always doing things throughout the day till we don't have enough time to eat lunch at all untill 5pm something. T.T But the meals are so big and "classy". Eventhough we don't eat lunch, I still think me and Agnes are gonna gain weight lol.

So, Imma do a preview/checklist here so I can remember what to blog about when I'm free =D

First of all, it's always SHOPPING AHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHA*crazy laugh*
I feel so dumb to shop in Kuching now. I mean there's completely nothing worthy of buying in Kuching I tell you~~~ Kuching shopping = expensive & limited (sometimes also low quality)
But in BIG CITIES, ohohoho~ it is so different.
I must admit I never took any serious interest in Bangkok, never wanted to travel here cos from pictures, the place looks hot, messy and er, poor. BUt, like every other big city, it has an upper east side and a biiiigggg city center. omg *hearts*
Last night went to something like KL's Bukit Bintang, but in Bangkok version. Wow there were sooo many BIG malls selling super to less super branded stuff, and lotsa lights and happening stuff going on. And lots and lotsa people.
There are also Garden Beers, I love the concept of Garden Beers here! Shall explain nxt time, but youngsters like us XD would LOVE it.

Then the people, generally, they are not as polite and courteous as Australians (in my opinion). But in upper class service places they can be pretty nice. And and they look so Chinese/Japanesey. They dress up like SOOOOOOO well! I mean, well, most of them that you see in the city center. I TELL U, young to a lil older people LOVE to camwhore. We saw soooo many pretty girls and kids camwhoring at different places in malls, on the streets, and anywhere with interesting stuff! AANDDD, they camwhore with those Taiwan/Japanese/Korean kinda poses. They are so beautiful and lively! So envy.. I must pick up a pose or two for our regular camwhoring lol.

Erm, environment. The streets are always packed especially at the city center. Like in KL, if you're taking a car, you gotta leave like way earlier to get to the other place on time. I haven't tried the sky train yet tho. May try after the event we are managing now finishes hehe.
Oh there are SOOO MANY Audi, BMWs, Camrys, Altis, Hondas...... on the road. It's like so common. And 90% of the taxis on the roads are ALTIS! =( whyyy~ but I think it's lower end la cos inside not as luxurious haha. Oh, taxi drivers here are picky about destinations, if it's too near, they may not wanna drive you cos they won't earn much. Therefore, if you are desperate to get somewhere not so near and not so far, offer to pay a bit more. The taxi fares are damn cheap. So far our taxi fares don't go above 100baht (RM10). Amazing.

Art. Thailand is beautiful and I think the people are creative in their own way. They produce very beautiful artsy stuff (carvings and drawings). Their vandalism is also beautiful. Will post pics when I get a chance cos I need to resize them and all cos they wont fit and would take too long. More pics to come >_<.

Food, haven't tried ANY local food at all. Cos we're always eating in those big restaurants and stuff. I had some good lagsana yesterday MMM! and some interesting mushroom on some really fresh garlic bread thing. >_<.

Ok, I shall stop here and update soon hopefully.

Tata~ Peace~

No comments: