I've been thinking, and I don't know why, no matter how much I cry because of disagreements with him, I just can't stop admiring and respecting him. There's just something about him that makes him the most important, admirable and amazing person in my life. It just hurts whenever I disappoint him the slightest bit. Somehow, I just love him for the way he is.
(by Uncle Dick)
TOday, 27th February 2007 is Daddy's 50th Birthday. My old man's half a century old, and I'm so super proud and happy of that. ^^!!!!
I planned alot, I really wanted to make this day special for him. Maybe prepare dinner and a cake. But he called me at noon to tell me that a condominium friend had an open house party at the cafe so we'll have dinner there.
So, Me and Daniel decided to just get a cake for him. Went to Taka after work and picking Daniel and gotten a cake. We were so excited and I just felt the cake was so worth it because, hey! how many times does ur old man turn 50??
But little did I know, the open house party tonight was actually an excuse to gather my dad's friends to celebrate his birthday for him.
The thing that surprised us, well, ME, most was they had prepared a CAKE for him and took it out to him after our dinner.
My feelings were suddenly jumbled up. I was crazy and laughing all night long earlier while talking with Aurelia and Julian. But, just suddenly, I can't laugh neither smile anymore. I was glad and proud that dad was happy and that all his friends were just so wonderful to plan such a great thing for him. But at the same time, an arrow pierced through my heart. My plan on giving him a birthday cake was like, 'copied' or 'taken'.
It's like, You really love someone, and you prepare beautiful roses and a wonderful gift for him/her, hoping that he/she would be so happy and touched because you're the only one that would do that for him/her. But, someone else just happened to have done what you have planned before you. Damn it's that kinda feeling.
Dad cutting the cake from his friends.
Didn't know if we should give the cake again later or not since we were all bloated with food already. But mei hui said to go on.
So, this lonely cake waited patiently at home for daddy.
It was 11pm something, nearly 12am. Dad came home. yeah. he was surprised. He blew the candles, and even though he didn't say much, I'm sure he appreciated it. He couldn't really take in a piece of cake anymore and I understand that cos I was pretty full as well. So we agreed to leave the cake for tomorrow's breakfast. oh yeah, gave him the keychain with his name that I ordered while I was in KL last month. I just put it infront of him and said it was from KL and walked off cos felt too embarassed. Damn, hate that kinda paiseh feeling. Anyway, Hope he likes the keychain.
Later, While putting the cake in the fridge, tears fell from my eyes. I have no idea why too. I didnt even noe if I was Happy or Sad. Just, felt too much tonight.
Well, Glad dad had a great day. Happy birthday, my dearest father, Glad to have you as MY dad! Love you so much!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment