I don't know where this quote came from, but I think it is totally true!
Any girl with a proportianate face can look beautiful. Seriously! All we need is grooming.
All those actresses, models, popular girls at school, pretty pictures of girls you see on facebook, beautiful girls you see in shopping malls and so on, are just any other ordinary girl which are 'made up' to look strikingly beautiful that they just grab your attention for a split second, or more.
Okay, some people may not need to dress up or make up much because of "natural beauty", but guys, I am so sorry to say that, not all girls have it.
Most girls are cursed with pimples, scars, blemish, dark eye bags, pores, uneven skintone, extra hairs on unwanted areas of the face, maybe a little noticable difference in the size of their eyes, and uneven shape of corners of the lips and the list goes on.... But that doesn't mean we have to just totally accept that and live with the sad curse.
Makeup and grooming, can do wonders.
Though, still a minority of guys (and maybe girls) would still go like, "Oh, I hate makeup, I love naturally beautiful girls, those that makeup are really actually really ugly, I can't bear to know how they would look like without it, what's with all that trouble, waste of money..........." bla bla bla... Telling girls what they think about all of that..
At the end of day, they stare at pictures of celeberties and girls in magazines, and even well polished girls on the street, and admit they are beautiful. wtf. I don't think I should label them with a word, but, yeah..
Okay, also, maybe not all girls are pro at these makeup and grooming stuff, making ourselves look weird with all of that hard work, heck, even I am still learning and so not totally good at it yet, BUT we are learning right? It takes lotsa practice and time and effort and it is actually so totally worth it.
Ever watch The Devil Wears Prada? House Bunny? erm or any other chick flick or non-chick flick movie that has a girl looking all simple or nerdy, then just dressing up a bit to shine and then become successful? Yeah, all that work does change our lives.
Okay, in my case, I was really haha unattractive when I was younger (not saying that I am very attractive now) But now I bet is way better than before! >_<.
This is in Form one, 7 or 8 years back. Okay, laugh all you want. I never thought it would appear again.
Unshapped brows, pimple infested face, unkept hair, dark thin framed specs (whytf did I ever get those specs?!), and, sloppy posture T.T
I liked a guy in Form one but I think he never even gave a second thought about me and I don't blame him T.T I was also freggin' shy then because I was unconfident and all. Always walked to school loooking at the ground. Didn't dare to look into anyone's eyes when talking and all. Didn't have many friends because of the lack of confidence.... I was so sad >_<.
And after years of learning and grooming, and discussing with girl friends on beauty tips and Youtube videos on how to makeup and DIY facial stuff... Oh, I promote Michelle Phan. She is just so awesome.

I looked more er.. lookable than I did back then. I cured the pimples, covered the blemish, evened the skin tone with BB cream/foundation, did my hair, plucked my brows. That's about it.
My er, smile, still hasn't changed tho. Haha. But nevermind.
Atleast I am more confident now, have alot more activities, friends, boyfriend, and dared to take narcissistic pictures of myself.
Therefore, all it needed to be acceptable was 'work' T.T
There are more pictures out there that I bet you all have seen of celebs with before and after makeup right right?? yeah.. that tells ya how much one can transform with the right grooming.
Like they all said, this is a rather superficial world, and we get judged on how we look on the outside more often than on the inside.
So, I really encourage girls to not be lazy, and change your lives.
However, all of this is kinda really taking it's toll on me T.T
Everyday, we have to wash out face, wash our hair, brush our teeth, wear the contacts, put on foundation, sunblock, toner, moisturizer, remove makeup, repeat the toner and moisturizer before bed.
Every week we have to exfoliate our skin, put on masks, polish our nails, pluck out armpit hairs, shape the eyebrows, for some people, shave their legs which I am so blessed because I don't have to do it. and, exercise.
Every few months we have to visit the hair saloon.
Every year we have to go to the dentist, go for checkups and the gynae T.T
Oh, and shopping! Which may apply more frequently to others >_<. *confess
On special occasions like parties, dinners and social occasions, we gotta set our hair, apply different types of makeup which have to learn throughout our every year, pick our best outfit (which is havoc I tell u!!)
See all that hard work. T.T
That is where natural beauty come in handy, atleast we can cut down on some areas.
Owells.
That's life for the average girl ehy?
But I still love life this way.
It trains Discipline.
(which is why presentable people are more accepted as well, because it shows that you have discipline to take care of yourself at the same time do other work........................ it's a whole new topic :o)
-
no expert, just opinion based
3 comments:
omggg dat pic of u rofl
Good blog!! I hope I'm not one of those hypocrite guys, lolz... some girls kind of overdo and their face feels like full of powder. Are those incorrect technique or something?
xylo: go ahead and laugh T.T
Edmund: haha.. hope so! Oh, that, might have many reasons. They may have put on too much powder yea, or touch up the incorrect way? Or used cheap and low quality makeup? So many reasons. Took lotsa time for me to learn how to properly apply foundation too. Haha. no pro yet :\
Post a Comment