Monday, September 28, 2009

Mask Making

Before going to the masquerade, everyone was out looking for the perfect mask. And I with my luck and ahemArtisticTalentsahem, managed to get a frame of a mask and thought of a design for my own mask *hearts*

I was lucky enough to have a friend to call me if i wanted to order a mask or not.. So I did.. and for RM7 u can get this:















So I was like wrecking my brains on how to design it. So, I googled golden black masks.. and there.. I saw the designed that inspired me...

I bought a lot of material and beads from Kenyalang a few days before that.. so it was time to put all that money into good use.. :P

First, I glued the rope on the edges of my mask for a more classy effect.















Then, I thought I was crazy when I started colouring the eyes of my mask BLACK.















It was so fugly I tell u.. I was so worried as I only had ONE gold mask lol.

Then hope came when I started drawing on the golden lines with the ARTLINE 400 paint marker. Awesome stuff!















It started to look better.. then I added more patterns..















I was getting so excited as it looked pretty gewd~















Finally, I stuck on some flower beads and a lil bit of gold disco dust for shine effect.















And woarah~ My princess effect black gold mask was accomplished *proud*















*hearts* *proud*

Then it was time for my bf's. lol.. I was wondering how on earth can I turn a female shaped mask into a guys.. so, I sew of the top with my dad's saw. lol..















Then I put on the ropes for the shaping. Gold ropes are awesome, it gets ur attention away from the original shape to the shape u want it to be.

Then my aunt said it looked too plain and I'm not being fair to Henry.. so fine~ loL~ I added some disco dust..

tada~~~















lol~ looks like a ram.















Still proud. lol~

Then I was on to making one more mask for a friend Viki.

Ofcos his cannot be better than my prince charmings! kiddin lol

Then this was the process:








































































Not bad for last minute eh? did it all in one short night.

More about the Masquerade tomorrow as it is now already very late. *sleepy*

gah~ removing makeup is gonna be such a hassle! >_<.!

Nights now~ hope my mask making was educational to ya'll =)

5 comments:

MiKa SH Wee said...

omg one short night??

that's awesome! :D

Daphy.εїз said...

lol~ Thank you very much.

short night for the last one. the first 2 took a lil longer lol. complicated it is.

btw, sorry didn't see u wave at me just now untill my bf told me. so paiseh.I'm so blur. haha~ *waves back now* >_<.

MiKa SH Wee said...

haha no problem... it's a busy night anyway haha... :D

aNgeL-cuPid said...

You're REAL good at this thing!!! All I can say is SUPERB!

Daphy.εїз said...

thank u girl =)