Saturday, June 6, 2009

The girl's point of view

I recently watched this movie Marley and Me by Owen Wilson and Jennifer Anniston.
I thought previously (after watching the trailer) that it must be another one of those crap movies where a guy whos afraid to have kids with his wife just go adpot a dog and later realises a dog is just as much of a trouble and rather have kids instead in the end.
But little did I know not only about how interesting this movie is, it also portrays very realistic and meaningful lessons to life.
It is touching. Not only the part of a pet being a part of the family, but also the whole idea of the progress of our lives, the paths we choose for ourselves and the unexpected outcomes there might be.

I guess, everything would start in what we believe in. What we want ourselves to turn out to be.
Which brings me to another thought, about what we girls/women/ladies/females want in our own lives, and how, we, would like them to turn out to be.

Some girls, mostly traditional ones, may dream to just marry a dude and let him take care of her for the rest of her life while she fulfills her 'female' duties of bringing down his name and taking care of their offspring.

Some, maybe more educated ones would think of getting a steady normal job 1st, enough to support herself, then get married, and have kids and live a steady normal life. And incase, as she has heard and seen many cases before, that her husband fails her she would still have her job to sustain her and her kids.

Some or most modern women may dream to be a successful women. Be independent. Living her life her own way. Reaching her sky high dreams. Men, well, they will always just be a bonus. Most are cheats and liars anyway.

However, MOST women nowadays I believe, would want the best of both worlds. Where she can be rich and successful and yet have the man of her dreams and beautiful children she could love and care for which they in turn will grow up and love and care for her just the same. Wow, now would that make a girl happy? Ofcourse, even I want that life.

But honey, don't be naive, dream all you want, reality, is a cruel joke. One can never have the best of both worlds.

If a girl really wants to be successful, how long will that take her? 20-30 years? counting in the sexist reality of the working world (the glass ceiling), never? And by the time she actually reaches her dreams, she'll look in the mirror and go, I'm 40. Who will marry me?
Lets say she married earlier in life while climbing the ladder, she worked so hard. Could a man take that? Seeing his wife work the same way he does. Who's gonna take care of the kids and teach them moral values and show them all the love in the world? "What kinda woman is this?!" the husband would go. And there comes in the many divorces in her life. (Just like Miranda in Devil Wears Prada).
What if her family's more important? I guess she'll abandon all the hard work she has spilled all her sweat and blood on, quit her job, lower her perfomance or something to be a 12-hour-mother. (Just like in Marley and Me, how depressed Jenny felt!)
Nowonder a woman can never get up there! She's still a woman, she has maternal instincts and she should never be trusted with a high rank in the office. She'd just abondon it when the time comes! Therefore, how could we blame them for discriminating? We looked for it ourselves.

Lets say in the best case u were born rich, parents shower money to u and secure ur life from the begining till the end. Introducing u to the hottest rich dude. Perfect husband, perfect life, and plenty of time for your future princes and princesses. Which brings another question in mind, why aren't those upper-east-sidders happy? Scandals, rascals happen all because one has too much money and power. *sigh* And even if those bad stuff don't happen, how many of us will actually be so lucky? And how many of those lucky ones actually treasure what they already have?

I guess this world is made with two sides, Good and bad.
And in everyone's life there is equality, Good and bad.
Therefore, one can only choose the best, which makes one happiest, which also consists of good and bad.

It is unfair because as long as you HAVE to choose, it is already unfair.

How nice it would be, if we were born with simple thoughts, simple values in life, like the lil girl in the kampung. I guess, she's would be the happiest. Even though we are the ones who look down on her (thinking of educating her, filling her mind with greed, power and equality).

So what's ur say in a woman's life?

I say its VERy unfair =(
And all men gotta do is get rich. And he complains that she complains a lot when she just feel life's unfair and wants him to understand and lend her an ear and be there for her.

I guess we should all just listen to our parents who know best, get a steady job, marry, have kids, raise them, and make sure they grow up to be just like you. There is good and bad in this. But that's life. Good and bad makes ur life meaningful and fulfilled I guess.
And that's our purpose I guess.

And to the men out there, treasure your women, love them till the very end. If she's still with you, she's already sacrificied tons of opportunities in her life for you. You're the path she's chosen. Make her happy, let her feel it's worth it, don't let her regret it.

=D~ End of my current thoughts which has been stuck in my head for years already. lol.


I know I think alot of crap, just looking for a place to throw all my crap so I wouldn't have to keep it all in my head /.\
Nowonder my white hairs are all popping out! ARGhhH! Gonna dye it after finals! Grr


No comments: