Friday, July 9, 2010

Kota Kinabalu Trip 2010: Manukan

Hey people, I'm back and typing again! Many happenings lately but, let's put that aside and talk about the Kota Kinabalu trip I just came back from :D
The highlight has got to be the trip to the island, Manukan. Was sooo looking forward to it.
The girls I went with :))
Departed from the beautiful Sutera Harbor
wheee
the islands were so beauuutiful *heart* Like nothing I've ever seen before, maybe because I've never been to any before this T.T Well, actually I did go to Manukan like about 10 years back but I remember nothing but a few fishes in the clear water. Lol, so not worth it to bring kids on holidays because they won't appreciate it till a certain age I think >_<.
Oh yeah we definitely tried that. However, snorkeling there was rather uncomfortable. The moment our whole body was dipped into the water, there's some tiny invisible creatures in the water that kept stinging us like needle pricks, at first it hurts, then it becomes itchy. Annoying to the max. After a while we couldn't stand it anymore and got outta the water to do other activities. So before renting the snorkels, I suggest you guys test the water out first ;)
Omg, I've always wanted to hang on a parachute when I was younger but as I grew older, fear and love for life kinda made me a coward and the images of jumping off a plane in the middle of the sky and opening my own parachute just made it all a biggg NoNO. 
However~~~~ Parasailing was one of the closest and fawesomest way I got on a parachute!!! :DDD It is perfectly safe and comfy, and I don't feel it's a wee bit life threatening at all.. And the view up there was just spectacular. I shouted my lungs out at the water, islands and mountains in the distance, oh the relief!!! :)). And you can even ask them to lower you so you can brush your feet on the water sometimes which is just sooo funnn :DD.. That's definitely one activity to try for like around RM100 only.
Afterthat, all 5 of us hopped on a wooden island in the middle of the sea to JET SKIII!!! :D But the island was rather err floaty, got a bit seasick.
That's me resting my mind, and eyes, while being laughed at by the "sweeetest" people around me. >_<. lol.
On the jet ski! :D
After the skiing while waiting for the others, we were allowed to just jump off the boat and dip into the sea. But I must warn you to close your mouth, nose and eyes real tight before jumping. Because if the salt water gets into either one of these 3 organs, it would BURRNNN >_<. Seriously, the water is SOOO salty!!! Eyes and nose suffered lol, and the mouth, omg, the salt, omg, yucckkk lol. Water looks blue and clean but it still is the sea = SALTY. lol.
Judy was lucky enough to maneuver the boat for like 1 minute loll..
Oh yeah, sitting at the tip of the boat letting the angry wind slap your face awake is the best feeling ever.
Got back to shore and Judy continued her snorkeling while the rest of us cam-hoed all the way muahaha Facebook is partially proof :p
hehe
The classic beach jump (attempt)
K.K
The tide is high~ and we're sitting on the water :D
And that would be the end of our fawesome experience! That would be my first time snorkeling, para-sailing and jet skiing. Whee~
More stuff bout KK coming up soon :D

No comments: