Thursday, December 11, 2008

The COOLEST movie in 2008 (daph's list) mini spoiler

The COOLEST movie I've watched in 2008 has got to be... jeng jeng jeng...


THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL

I don't know, everything about it is just COOL. From the story line, to the post-watching-feelings and even to Keanu Reeves!!! oh, how I so heart him right now.

He was like so so so COOL, playing the alien. Smart, psychic, powerful, handsome... omg.. haha.. COOLnesss


WARNING:

SPOILER starts here. Read on if you wanna know the story. If not. STOPPP~

I don't usually do spoilers but this movie gave me such an impact that I just gotta talk about it.

The story is mainly about aliens coming to wipe out civilization and the entire human race to save the planet from us (humans). This is because we, humans take the earth for granted and continue destroying it even though we already know it is going to be destroyed one day, by us ofcourse.

Anyway, so like the story of Noah and the Arc, the aliens sent down lotsa weird glowing spheres(arcs) around the world that can preserve as many life forms as possible to keep them alive while their scary creepy crawlies are in the process of clearing the planet. Those scary creepy crawlies act like the "flood". They eat and eat and eat anything in their path, spreading around the globe.

However, before taking such a deadly action, Keanu Reeves, the alien (I don't remember his alien name cos it was too alien), did come down wanting to talk to the Earth's leaders on change on attitudes and stuffs... But you know la, we humans, see alien, think of abduction and taking-over-the-planet-kinda-shyt, so we shoot them lor... Then they think we are evil , destructive, cruel, and ungrateful species, so, Reeves begun the "flood (the thing that will wipe out the entire human race)". (scary)

BUT, there was this lady(there's always a lady) and kid, who showed that, at desperate moments, humans WILL actually change. And they proved it.
So, Reeves the alien saw it, felt it, was touched, and STOPPED the "flood". THAT was the day, the Earth stood still.

Awww.. And we lived.


so so so touched by the movie.
I hope it really changed our minds and a lot of people's attitudes.
Don't we feel guilty destroying one of the few planets in the entire universe that is actually able to sustain life?

sigh...

That story makes me feel like recycling and gardening. Doesn't it make you too?

Catch it for yourself! A must watch!

Recomended by DAPH!

.

No comments: