I was selfish. I realise now. After a huge kick.
I was the devil, just like the one in 'The Devil Wears Prada'. Wanting riches, beauty. It was all about greed and lust.
What do people actually want? Success? Why are people who are so successful always so lonely?
I realised I don't want to be like that. I just want to be happy. Screw power and fame. I don't want to grow old miserable and lonely.
He loves me so much. He gave me everything. He promised me forever. There was always deep sincerity in his eyes. I thought I treasured it. But I didn't. The devil got the best of me. After days of pain, unbearable headaches, sleepless nights, I thought I had my answer. The answer to pride and glory.
I was afraid. Afraid of experiencing what they did. They had a sad marriage. I blame him now. She really loved him. He just wanted freedom and his way. Till now he still thinks he's right. Why can't he just appreciate what he had and live with it? They were afterall, married. The pain cost her her life. It caused him loneliness. Just because one could not appreciate and treasure the other.
I only realised that now. I always thought I was like him. I thought all that would make me happy is freedom and being who I want to be, what I want to do.
But untill now, what I thought would be the best for me turns out to be blinding me from what was truly important.
Now, despite the fear, I shall not be afraid to love.
Finally, I can see, how strong the power of love is. That's all that truly matters isn't it? Love.
Changing of character may be hard. But if it is worth it, why not. I wasn't any better before.
I feel so lucky now.
Waiting to see what 'forever' can offer me.
So grateful it's not too late.
"Expect nothing and appreciate everything."
I shall... I shall...
I was the devil, just like the one in 'The Devil Wears Prada'. Wanting riches, beauty. It was all about greed and lust.
What do people actually want? Success? Why are people who are so successful always so lonely?
I realised I don't want to be like that. I just want to be happy. Screw power and fame. I don't want to grow old miserable and lonely.
He loves me so much. He gave me everything. He promised me forever. There was always deep sincerity in his eyes. I thought I treasured it. But I didn't. The devil got the best of me. After days of pain, unbearable headaches, sleepless nights, I thought I had my answer. The answer to pride and glory.
I was afraid. Afraid of experiencing what they did. They had a sad marriage. I blame him now. She really loved him. He just wanted freedom and his way. Till now he still thinks he's right. Why can't he just appreciate what he had and live with it? They were afterall, married. The pain cost her her life. It caused him loneliness. Just because one could not appreciate and treasure the other.
I only realised that now. I always thought I was like him. I thought all that would make me happy is freedom and being who I want to be, what I want to do.
But untill now, what I thought would be the best for me turns out to be blinding me from what was truly important.
Now, despite the fear, I shall not be afraid to love.
Finally, I can see, how strong the power of love is. That's all that truly matters isn't it? Love.
Changing of character may be hard. But if it is worth it, why not. I wasn't any better before.
I feel so lucky now.
Waiting to see what 'forever' can offer me.
So grateful it's not too late.
"Expect nothing and appreciate everything."
I shall... I shall...
Taking the road..
Shall we?
No comments:
Post a Comment